I would like to thank Silence Shattered for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am happy if I can touch the life of just one person with my words. What I love about Silence Shattered’s blog is that it gives the world some insight into various mental illnesses. I believe that the world needs help understanding mental illness. If we all contribute our wisdom and knowledge, then we can help to alleviate the fear and stigma that exists. Thank you again to Silence Shattered for this wonderful nomination, and thank you for helping the world to understand.
The Rules for Accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Thank you to the amazing blogger who nominated you, with a link back to their blog. (above)
2. List the rules and display the award on your blog. (here)
3. Share seven facts about yourself (below)
4. Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated. (below)
Seven Facts About Myself:
1. I went to acting school when I was a teenager. I had a dream of being a famous musical artist or an actress. It was amazing that I was able to get up in front of people and read scripts, but now that I think about it, I was probably manic during that time, lol.
2. I am a lyricist and a singer. I have many songs on the Internet. Some are rather catchy; some are manicky, raw, and a bit vulgar (my first CD).
3. I suffer with bipolar disorder (manic depression) and obsessive-compulsive disorder. I still appreciate life very much, and I have learned to appreciate the talents that my illnesses give me. Bipolar disorder gives me an artistic ability that has brought forth many wonderful songs. It has given me the gift of writing, and it has made me an extremely passionate, loving and affectionate person. OCD makes me a planner and an organizer. It also makes me a great mathematician and a businessperson. Therefore, I wouldn’t trade my faulty brain for anything in the world.
4. My favorite vacation spot is Key West.
5. My nickname is “Sunshine.” A bipolar friend who appreciated my wit and my inner light gave it to me.
6. I am a geek. No, I mean a real geek, as in I would like to take the Mensa Admission Test just to be a member of that organization. I was geeked out in high school, and I still appreciate a good geek fest. I tinker with electronics, cars and computer software in my spare time. Algorithms are my true love.
7. I am a hopeless romantic. Yes, me. The girl who seems tough on the surface is actually quite squishy on the inside. I still hope for that true knight in shining armor to come whisk me away on his white horse or some such. Still waiting…
And now…my nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award (I wish I could nominate many more):
1. http://weatheringthestormbp.com/ : Sharing insight on diagnosis, providing education, acceptance, and victory over bipolar disorder and mental illness.
2. http://bipolarreb.wordpress.com/ : My name is Tyler Samuels and I have bipolar disorder. However my illness does not affect who I am, I’m a poet, short story writer and a hopefully soon to be author.
3. http://djslewnu.wordpress.com/ : The heartfelt musings of a wonderful girl with dissociative identity disorder.
4. http://amygamble.wordpress.com/ : Hi and welcome to my blog “Shedding Light on Mental Illness.” My name is Amy Gamble and I started this blog to join the dialogue on mental illness.
5. http://noah121weiss.wordpress.com/ : Noah Weiss. Applied mathematician by trade, and writer and blogger by hobby, and known to the Internet as Noah121 or Noah121Weiss on many Internet forums. Does this make me a nerd?
6. http://thenarcissistwrites.com/ : People with narcissistic personality disorder supposedly make up around 1% of the population, and the majority of those are male. I am a woman with NPD. Most people are incapable of realizing that they are narcissists or refuse to believe that they are despite overwhelming evidence. I know that I am.
7. http://natashatracy.com/ : Hi. My name is Natasha Tracy; I’m the author and host here at the Bipolar Burble. I’m an award-winning and influential writer, speaker, social media consultant, mental health advocate and professional crazy person.
8. http://dcardiff.wordpress.com/ : I live in the borderlands, between reality and imagination, just this side of fantasy.
9. http://mrsocialanxiety.wordpress.com/ : I’m a 31 year-old guy who lives in the UK…If you were to pass me in the street, you wouldn’t notice anything unusual about me. Inside, though, things are a little different as for the past ten years I have suffered with depression and social anxiety.
10. http://borderline32.wordpress.com/ : My name is Heather. I am new to wordpress, but I heard that it was a good place to join. So, here I am to try it out. I have Borderline Personality Disorder. I was diagnosed in 2001 with it. I’m wanting to meet others with it and other mental illness.
11. http://turkeyboneheaven.com/ : I’m a survivor of Child Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse, and Neglect. This is a live journal that contains some graphic material on Child Abuse and opinions.
12. http://makeourworld.wordpress.com/ : My name is Steven Davis, Just hit 30 and I am from the second largest city in the UK, Birmingham. What I am trying to achieve is a on-line community where we can engage and discuss ideas, content and principles for all of us to create a better us.
13. http://misslouella.wordpress.com/ : Hi… My name is Lou…I love to laugh, to be challenged… and to have LONGWINDED conversations about life… and all the wonderful things that have happened.
14. http://lindaghill.wordpress.com/ : Who is me? Let’s see… My brain only stops working when it gets overloaded and then I see black, which is because the heel of my hand is pressing against my forehead.
15. http://phoenixtherebirthofmylife.wordpress.com/ : Not your average typical young female adult. Just an extraordinary woman living in an ordinary world.
I will be stopping by at some point today to let you all know you’ve been nominated, ha-ha! Congrats.